I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschoo House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.



Featured Articles

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Choosing Curriculum

I must admit I am struggling a bit right now with choosing our curriculum for next year. I am a little torn about what to use for history. I am still going back and forth between using "My Father's World" again or changing over to "TOG." I am leaning more toward My Father's World because I have been using it and I really like it. Also, I think it is a lot cheaper than TOG( if you buy all of the books for reading).

Also, we will be finishing up My Father's World first grade in two months. We have been using this for our bible studies. I have been searching for a replacement bible study to use once we finish up in March. Well, I found what we will start using. It looks really awesome and I think it will provide Juliet with a chance to do some independent study. I really like that fact. She is getting older now and we still do everything except spelling together. I want her to have something she does kind of on her own and I think this will be perfect. We will start using Explorer's bible study: Discovery Genesis and Keepers of the faith character traits study (still deciding on which character trait to study). We will of course review everything together, but she will do the reading and the questions on her own.

I think Evan will start using the Explorers bible study for first grade too.

So much to think about. I feel like this year is going by so fast and I want to be prepared for next year... early.


I am still undecided about grammar too. I really don't like the fact that Shirley Grammar takes so much time to do. It seems to be a really good curriculum but it just takes so much of our time. If I do change it I will probably switch to something like easy grammar.

I will stick with math on the level, we really like it. Science is pretty much unit studies for us right now. I ordered Considering God's Creation and am excited about looking it over. We have also used Noeo science and apologia, but we haven't stuck with a single curriculum through the entire year. We just skip around and use what we like from each of them. We will probably keep to this same system

Writing is definitely staying the same! We use Institute for excellence in writing and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am excited about starting it with Evan next year.

I still have a lot to think about. Thank goodness I still have time to decide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Homeschooling with two Copyright © 2009